Snow Joe vs. Toro – Things You Need to Know
Choosing a suitable snow blower can be a challenging task.
As a first time buyer or one that has not purchased one in a long time, you will be confused to choose from a vast selection of single, two, and three-stage models with varying widths and features.
Brands of snow blowers like “Snow Joe” and “Toro” offer high-end features like a steering that turns the machine around with ease, heated handgrips that warm your fingers, airless tires that never go flat, and push-button chute rotation.
Let’s have a review at some of the best products both brands have to offer.
- Snow Joe
Purchasing a snow blower from your local big-box store may be easy, but not all snow blowers are made ideal for your situation.
Snow Joe uniquely designed each product to suit distinctive regions, driveway, and so on.
Although you can find a variety of snow blowers from this company, each has one goal in common, and they are all safer for the environment than the typical gas-powered blower. Here are some of the best products Snow Joe has to offer.
Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow blower
This product from snow Joe is perfect for clearing snow from driveways, decks, and sidewalks. The iON is the recent addition to the Snow Joe products and the first single stage snow blower to offer convenient and secure CORD-FREE operation.
It is Powered by EcoSharp technology, Snow Joe’s patent-pending rechargeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery system. It delivers up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time with zero carbon emissions for cleaner air.
With the absence of pull-cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, or tangled extension cords that can cause unnecessary frustrations. With a push of a button, the iON operates immediately, and its adjustable handle makes grip comfortable during use.
It is equipped with a heavy-duty, steel auger with two rubber blades, and can move about 495 pounds of snow in a minute, with each pass clearing a path 18-inches wide by 8-inches deep. At the unit’s base is a rubber scraper bar that allows users to clear right to the ground without damaging their pavement or deck.
With the push of a switch, the 180° auto-rotate chute rotates instantly; the iON also lets you blow snow up to 20 feet in the direction you wish. Unlike heavier gas and electric-powered units, the iON is light-weighted (only 32 lbs), this helps you to quickly hoist it onto your snow-filled deck to clear out fast.
The iON has an integrated LED headlight for night-time snow removal, which immediately switches on to increase visibility.
- The iON Light-weighted (only 32 lbs) making it easy to clear sidewalks, driveways, and decks It provides up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time with its 40 V iONMAX 4.0 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- It features exclusive EcoSharp technology for no-fade power and maximum performance
- Absence of pull-cords, gas, oil, tune-ups or tangled extension cords
- The iON cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep and its steel auger with two rubber blades moves up to 500 lbs of snow per minute.
Snow Joe ION15SB-CT 15-Inch Cordless Snow Blower (Core Tool-No Battery + Charger), Black
The Snow Joe iON15SB-CT is the newest addition to the Snow Joe lineup. Powered by iONMAX technology, Snow Joes patent-pending rechargeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery system, the iON operates up to 30minutes of whisper-quiet run time without carbon emissions for cleaner air.
With no pull-cords, gas, oil, tune-ups or tangled extension cords (iBAT40-LT and ICHRG40 sold separately).The iON starts immediately with a simple push of a button, and its adjustable handle maximizes user comfort during use.
Equipped with a temperature-resistant plastic auger and2 rubber blades, the iON moves up to 440pounds of snow per minute, and with each pass clears 15-inches wide by 8-inches deep path.
The scraper bar at the unit’s base lets you clear right to the ground without damaging your deck or pavement. The iON also enables you to throw snow up to 20 feet in the direction you want it to go.
- Best use in small driveways, sidewalks, and walkways
- It Features exclusive EcoSharp technology for no-fade power and maximum performance
- Clears a width of 15 in. (38 cm) and depth 8 in. (20 cm)
- Throw distance (max): 20 ft (6 m)
Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow blower | 21-Inch | 15 Amp Motor
The Snow Joe Ultra SJ625E was introduced to respond to the need for an easy-to-use machine that could tackle more massive snowfall on mid-sized driveways and walkways. This snow blower is a larger electric snow blower delivering the power of a gas machine with the convenience of an electric unit.
Driven by a powerful 15-amp motor, it moves up to 800 lbs of snow in a minute. The Snow Joe Ultra SJ625E has a durable steel auger with two rubber blades that cut a path 21″ wide by 12″ deep each pass.
- Ideal for quick snow blowing on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- The absence of gas, oil or tune-ups makes it easy to start and maintain
- Steel auger with two rubber blades and cuts 21″ wide and 12″ deep in one pass
The unique design of Toro snow blower’s auger and drive control makes it work faster and more effective than more massive and more expensive brands.
Unlike the manual-shift speed controls of most snow blowers, Toro’s intuitive Personal Pace drive system synchronizes the blower’s wheels speed with how fast you walk.
This product also has a convenient electric start and a smooth joystick chute control that allows you to easily direct snow where you want it. Now a look at some of their best available products.
Toro 3837115″ 12 Amp Electric 1500 Power Curve Snow Blower
Toro’s compact, lightweight 1500 electric Power Curve snow blower, with its innovative design, features a curved rotor and inverted funnel housing that offers better power-to-width ratio than the competition.
The unit’s Qwik-Key starting, intuitive controls, and just 25 pounds make this snow blower easy for anyone to use and maneuver. Quick to move, and easy to store. It’s perfect for small jobs.
- Rates higher than any power electric snow blower and has most clearing power per inch of cutting width
- Can cut up to 15 inches wide and 12-inches deep in one pass; throwing up to 25-Feet
- Moves up to 500-pounds of snow in a minute to efficiently clear snow and for optimal control
- 2 Amp electric snow blower for walkways, decks, small driveways, sidewalks, and other residential areas
- 180-degree direction control and zip deflector throw snow exactly where you direct it
- The Power Curve technology helps to clear down to the pavement and prevents clogging
- It has a 2-year warranty
Toro Snow thrower 21″ 212cc
This model is equipped with the powerful 212 cc 4-Cycle OHV engine and can move snow up to 35 ft. away while the Power Curve system cleans down to the pavement, clearing compacted snow for maximum snow removal.
The snow blower has an electric start, and the Power Propel self-propel system makes the unit easy to use with a heavy-duty rotor that continually touches the ground, and forwardly propels the unit.
Toro has a 2-year Guaranteed to Start Promise and warranty; hence, you are ready for whatever winter has in store.
- Designed with the powerful 212 cc 4-Cycle OHV engine
- Can launch snow up to 35 ft.
- The snowblower features electric start
- The Power Propel self-propel system simplifies usage
- It has a heavy-duty rotor that continuously contacts the ground, propelling the unit forward.
Toro 38381 18″ 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
This product is designed to move snow quickly and cleans down to decks, patios, and driveways while helping to tackle clogging. The snow blower’s zip deflector offers a choice between low, in-between, and high snow throwing while its 160-degree chute enables you to direct the snow in many directions.
This model comes with an ergonomically-designed handle for a comfortable grip during use.
- It is light-weighted (only 25 pounds), making it easy to maneuver for anyone
- This model boosts snow clearing by moving up to 700-pounds of snow per minute
- 15 Amp electric snow blower for patios, decks, walkways, small driveways, and other residential areas
- 18-Inch clearance width and 12-inch intake height for quick removal
- It cleans down to the pavement and prevents clogging with160-degree adjustable chute for optimal snow-blowing control
- Full-bail ergonomic handle, lift handle, fast level, zip deflector, lightweight design, and easy assembly
With a snow blower, you can clear a large area and deeper snow much faster, which is crucial if you have to drive off quickly. Using a snow blower is also much easier on your body, minimizing muscle and back strain.
With a suitable snow blower, clearing your driveway and walking paths is almost like mowing your lawn. The snow Joe and Toro brand are specifically designed with features that will help you clear your driveway and sidewalk with ease.
If you need to clear vast, deep expanses of snow, you’ll appreciate the wider and more powerful Toro brands.